Senior Software Engineer - Java EE
Software Engineering (Enterprise) Department
Full-Time Position - based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who loves clean code, test driven development (TDD) and pair programming to join our growing Enterprise Team.
If you have a penchant for working with open source solutions, enjoy harmless hacking as your weekend projects and keeping up-to-date on the latest developments in the Java world, then you may be perfect for us.
We are currently building a revolutionary platform that is changing the way people accept card payments. You will be working closely with the rest of the software engineers to build and continuously improve the core of Soft Space EMV Payment Processing Server.
At Soft Space, we encourage flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance. We enjoy having drinks after work, watching the latest blockbuster movie together and singing our lungs out at the nearest karaoke joint. Our dress code is casual, with lots of t-shirts and comfortable jeans. But of course, if neckties or 4” high heels are your thing, we'd still be happy to hang out with you!
We are looking for someone with a great personality, ever-ready to learn, passionate in work and one that can fit into our company's happy culture - qualifications and certificates are secondary. Along with your resumé, you are encouraged to submit and highlight some of your best works and relevant work experiences.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build and maintain payment back-end services that processes thousands of concurrent payment requests
- Participate in preparing system requirements and specifications
- Work with the team in coming up with efficient and robust technical designs to fulfill the requirements
- Lead development threads and manage development timelines
- Write documentation to ensure supportability and maintainability of core system assets
What We Are Looking for
- Strong knowledge in Java, JSP, Servlets and Spring Framework
- Experience in MySQL, Oracle, Mongo DB and HSQL
- Experience with JUnit and TTD
- Experience in developing medium or large Service Oriented Architecture transformation projects
- Possesses good problem solving and debugging skills - able to identify bugs and trace them down to the API, 3rd party libraries or JDK
- Experience in SOA, web services and distributed systems at the enterprise level
- Have good communication skills and a team player
- Able to lead fellow developers in a scrum team
- Willingness to share - to teach as well as to learn
Extra Plus for
- Knowledge of cloud computing implementations and payment host integrations
- Familiarity with security standards, including PCI-DSS, PA-DSS, OWASP Top 10 and more
- Experience in IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic or other application servers
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
To apply, drop us your resume at email@example.com